Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cookie time


I'm heading off to tutor a field course on Fraser Island tomorrow, so I made a batch of choc chip cookies for some sustenance while tromping through the mangroves. I like trying new choc chip recipes, it's one of those baked goods which leads to an endless search for the 'best' cookie. I think I'll never find the 'best' because I like different styles of cookies...and I enjoy the search too much!



This recipe came from the Rose Bakery's Breakfast, Lunch, Tea cookbook. This book has never let me down. Mel recently made the shortcrust pastry and the muesli from it and loved both. And these cookies are no exception. They involve refrigerating the dough in a log and then cutting slices for baking. This is perfect for warm Queensland kitchens where butter melts as you shape your cookies. They're also not too sweet which I love. Perfect with a cup of tea. Or mangrove mud covered fingers.



No comments:

Post a Comment